Monday, September 19, 2011

pregnant & emotional, go figure

I'm not the picture perfect mom-to-be...
With the picture perfect house, a husband by my side, or total financial security.
I did not plan and try for years to have a baby like many deserving couples out there.
Even though my baby boy was a tad of a surprise I have never once looked at him as a mistake or anything short of a miracle.
The way things in my life have turned out are not quite what i anticipated. I never expected to be going through such a great, amazing time in my life without my 'partner' (baby daddy, whatever you want to call it) being by my side every step of the way. Most days i'm fine, but there are some days where it breaks my heart. I am lucky enough to have fabulous friends & family that love me dearly.
So just because I'm only 21, I don't have my own home or I do not have a wedding ring on my left hand doesn't mean i'll be any less of a mother.
If anything I believe it will make me a better, stronger person and mother.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Abbie, I definitely cried my eyes out reading this. You are totally right though, you don't need those things to be a good mom. You definitely deserve those things but don't settle for anything less than you deserve. One day you are going to find a MAN who will love you for you, love your son like his own and be everything you need. You wont even remember the sadness you are feeling now when you meet him.

    I am so proud of how amazing you have been through out your pregnancy. From day one you have been strong and sure even when I knew you weren't confident. I think Brayden is the luckiest little boy in the world. He has the most amazing mommy.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete